Confetti Park: A music medley celebrating the great Mississippi River
Hi everybody! Enjoy this new medley of family friendly songs created in Louisiana. This episode of Confetti Park, which airs in its entirety on the lucky radio stations listed below, has songs that kids and the grownups will love, that reflect the unique culture of Louisiana and the American South.
Today’s special episode features songs celebrating the great river that courses through our lives: the Mississippi River. The very ground beneath our feet was created by this river, over thousands of years. It is so much a part of our culture. Listen up!
Songs featured in this episode, in order:
Lazy River – Danny Barker
Joke of the Day – Tuna Fish
Riding Down the Mississippi River – Ted Lindsay
Roll On Mississippi, Roll On – Richard Piano Scott
Frère Jacques – recorded at Nunu in Arnaudville, La.
Rolling Down The River – Johnette Downing and Jimmy LaRocca’s ODJB
Mary Don’t You Weep – Renzi Center
Somewhere Over the Rainbow – Kaylin Orleans Ruffins and Kermit Ruffins
Also featured in this episode, the Storytime feature Brer Rabbit and the Peanut Patch by Dianne De Las Casas, and a music memory from John Doheny.
About Confetti Park
The Confetti Parkhosted by Katy Hobgood Ray, features music and stories spun in Louisiana. It showcases songs that kids love, songs created for kids, and songs created by kids. Sparkling interviews, in-studio performances, delightful music medleys, jokes, local author storytime, and a little surprise lagniappe make for an entertaining show!
Current broadcast schedule:
- KCEI 90.1 FM Red River/Taos, NM every Saturday between 7-8 a.m.
- KXCJ-LP 105.7 FM Cave Junction, OR every Saturday at 7:30 a.m.
- WRFA 107.9 FM in Jamestown, NY every Saturday at 8 a.m.
- KFZR 93.3FM in Frazier Park, CA every Saturday and Sunday at 9 a.m.
- KLQS 96.7FM in Agua Dulce, CA every Saturday and Sunday at 9 a.m.
- WHIV 102.3 FM in New Orleans every Saturday at 12 p.m.
- KPNW-DB Pacific Northwest Radio in Bellingham, WA every Sunday at 9 a.m.
- WHYR 96.9 FM in Baton Rouge every Sunday at 11:30 a.m.
- KSLU 90.9 FM in Hammond every Sunday at 12 p.m.
A full list of Confetti Park stations (and a map) is available at https://confettipark.com/podcast/
Community radio stations, interested in carrying Confetti Park? Contact Katy Ray.