Music Medley: Pirates on the Deck
Confetti Park is a community radio program out of New Orleans. We feature local storytellers and songs that kids love, songs created for kids, or created by kids, inspired by life here Louisiana. This medley of kids music shows the diversity of our state sound.
Songs featured in this episode, in order:
- When I Grow Up – Asylum Street Spankers
- Joke of the Day – Pirates on the Deck
- Watch out for the Pirates – Confetti Park Players
- Splish Splash – Dr. John
- Butterfly – a poem by Lily Bell
- Old Dan Tucker – Jeremy Lyons
- Hushabye Mountain – Lori Carsillo
- Lovely Little Ladybug – Confetti Park Players
- Eenie Meanie -a poem by Millie Moffett
- Bubblegum -a poem by Belen Walker
- Birdie -a poem by Virginia Strong
- Barefootin’ – Buckwheat Zydeco
Also featured in this episode, a music memory from Foots Quinn of Bogalusa and the storytime feature Tale of a Spitball by Ms. Chocolate.
The Confetti Parkhosted by Katy Hobgood Ray, features music and stories spun in Louisiana. It showcases songs that kids love, songs created for kids, and songs created by kids. Sparkling interviews, in-studio performances, delightful music medleys, jokes, local author storytime, and a little surprise lagniappe make for an entertaining show!
Current broadcast schedule:
- WRFA 107.9 FM in Jamestown, NY every Saturday at 8 a.m.
- WHIV 102.3 FM in New Orleans every Saturday at 12 p.m.
- WHYR 96.9 FM in Baton Rouge every Sunday at 11:30 a.m.
- KSLU 90.9 FM in Hammond every Sunday at 12 p.m.
Community radio stations, interested in carrying Confetti Park? Contact Katy Ray.