Confetti Park is a children’s media workshop, weekly radio program and podcast based out of New Orleans. We work with children to build community by sharing stories, music, and culture. We are particularly inspired by the unique culture of Louisiana. (The name for Confetti Park comes from a small playground in the heart of Algiers Point, a charming and historical neighborhood on the West bank of the Mississippi River.)
Radio and Podcast
The Confetti Park radio show and hosted by Katy Hobgood Ray, features music and stories spun in Louisiana. It showcases songs that kids love, songs created for kids and created by kids. Sparkling interviews, in-studio performances, delightful music medleys, jokes, local author storytime, and a little surprise lagniappe make for an entertaining show!
The radio program version launched on April 4, 2015 in New Orleans on WHIV FM and is supported by the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Foundation and Music Rising at Tulane University. Confetti Park is affiliated with The Children’s Music Network, which celebrates the positive power of music in the lives of children by sharing songs, exchanging ideas, and creating community.
The Confetti Park Players, an all ages children’s chorus directed by Katy Hobgood Ray, are regular contributors to the soundscape of the show.
Current broadcast schedule:
- KVOY 104.5 FM Norman OK, every weekday between 3-4 p.m.
- KBOG 97.9 FM in Bandon, OR every Saturday at 6:30 a.m.
- KCEI 90.1 FM Red River/Taos, NM every Saturday between 7-8 a.m.
- KXCJ-LP 105.7 FM Cave Junction, OR every Saturday at 7:30 a.m.
- WRFA 107.9 FM Jamestown, NY every Saturday at 8 a.m.
- KFZR 93.3FM Frazier Park, CA every Saturday and Sunday at 9 a.m.
- KLQS 96.7FM Agua Dulce, CA every Saturday and Sunday at 9 a.m.
- WHIV 102.3 FM New Orleans every Saturday at 11 a.m.
- KWRK 90.9 FM Fairbanks, AK every Sunday at 7 a.m.
- KPNW-DB Pacific Northwest Radio Bellingham, WA every Sunday at 9 a.m.
- WHYR 96.9 FM Baton Rouge every Sunday at 11:30 a.m.
- KSLU 90.9 FM Hammond every Sunday at 12 p.m.
- WHPW 97.3 FM Harpswell Center, ME various times
- KACR 96.1 FM in Alameda, CA various times
Books and Albums
Our first children’s book, The Little Mouse Santi, was named by Kirkus Reviews among the Best Indie Books of 2015 (and is winner of a Moonbeam Children’s Book Award).
Our second children’s book, Candy Land Ball, is the storybook version of a song performed by Katy and the Confetti Park Players. Comes with piano sheet music and a link to listen to the song.