Confetti Park is a community radio program out of New Orleans. We feature local storytellers and songs that kids love, songs created for kids, or created by kids, right here in Louisiana. This medley of kids music shows the diversity of Louisiana musicians. Songs featured in this episode, in order:
- Down in New Orleans – Anika Noni Rose
- Jump – PH Fred
- Adella the Storyteller –Philip Melancon
- ABCs – Louis Ray
- Amazon ABCs – Johnette Downing
- We’ve Got Each Other – Imagination Movers
- Look for the Fleur de Lis – Sham Rockers
- Momzelle Zi Zi – Nancy Tabb Marcantel
Also featured in this episode, a story called Gumbo, Fried Cheese, The Saints, and Drew Brees, by Patricia Reese; a Music Memory from David Rosser; and several poems. Here is a poem of childhood by Peter Cooley, Louisiana poet laureate.
And here are Confetti Park Players Eleanor and Manele Anika with their original poems.
The Confetti Parkhosted by Katy Hobgood Ray, features music and stories spun in Louisiana. It showcases songs that kids love, songs created for kids, and songs created by kids. Sparkling interviews, in-studio performances, delightful music medleys, jokes, local author storytime, and a little surprise lagniappe make for an entertaining show!
Current broadcast schedule:
- WHIV 102.3 FM in New Orleans every Saturday at 12 p.m.
- WHYR 96.9 FM in Baton Rouge every Sunday at 11:30 a.m.
- KSLU 90.9 FM in Hammond every Sunday at 12 p.m.
Community radio stations, interested in carrying Confetti Park? Contact Katy Ray.